oh lazy summer days

Thursday, October 7, 2010

never let yourself forget

i am an incredibly nostalgic person. i get all teary eyed 
when i look at old family photos, and when i scratch
  through boxes filled with letters, report cards and 
newspaper clippings. i am also a die hard romantic, the 
type of person who gets a warm fuzzy feeling when i see my parents kiss, or my grandparents hold hands. i cling to
these moments with such vigour that i sometimes find 
myself living in the past. these are some things i never
want to forget:

riding on the back of the motorbike with my dad, and racing my sister and my grandpa
birthday parties and cupcake decorating tables
flora bay and playing with the dassies
christmases and my dad in green wellies
high school pool parties and lying in the shade of the bulldozers at the show
standard nine december holiday
falling in love


"There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colours are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again."
Elizabeth Lawrence



chase the moon 

No comments:

Post a Comment